quarta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2010

Intellij Idea X

Ok i must confess ... i recently ditched my longtime IDE. Sorry Mr. Netbeans but there's a new (well not so new) kid in block.
I started developing some apps in Grails so i needed an IDE with good Grails integration. Netbeans wasn't up to the task.
Next logical move: Get Springsource Tool Suite (STS) even tough i've always disliked eclipse and its derivatives. Grails (and Spring Roo) integration is good but code completion is a bit slow (i'm on a HP dm1 netbook).
Then one day i said to myself that i should be trying Idea. I've downloaded version 9 trial edition and i was delighted with it. Snappy code completion, excelent  navigation between controllers, views, tests and domain classes, top notch refactoring. But then i achieved my Grails development nirvana. Version 10 of Idea was out ! Downloaded it installed it and ... wow ! I thought it wasn't possible to be surprised once more ... wrong ! The new version has faster indexing, faster and smarter code completion (so context aware) and it integrates superbly with github. I'm totally addicted to tasks (check them out) and i can even import github issues, make them tasks creating changelists where changes are kept and then commit them to my git repository. I'm in heaven !
It is not free, it costs a bit (i'll be ordering a license soon) but still by far the best IDE i've used !

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário